Wednesday, January 19, 2011

BENNETT! Today we celebrate the day you were born!



Happy Birthday, Smiley! This is your second birthday. Your first one was one year ago today. You were born January 19, 2010 at 3:15 a.m. at Prentice Women's Hospital in Chicago. You weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and were 20 inches long.

Compared with bro Elliot, your delivery came without too much pomp and circumstance. For one thing, you were born in the middle of the night (actually, early morning). For another, only you, mommy, daddy and the doc and nurses were on hand. Family came the next day.

Here's mommy's account of the Big Event:

"On January 18, 2010, I was lying in bed around 10 PM, and daddy was lying next to me watching the news.

"I had been feeling contractions for a few days, but suddenly got a strong one. Right then my water broke!

"I called the doctor and she said I should head to the hospital. Aunt Kari (Titi) came over to watch your big brother Elliot and we headed off to the hospital.

"By the time we got to Prentice (12ish), I was having really bad contractions. They made me go through Triage (a not fun waiting area for moms in labor) for about an hour.

"A nurse checked me finally and said we better head upstairs to the Labor and Delivery room. (I could have told them that when we first got there!)

"Daddy and I headed up to the delivery floor, and we got settled in our room. I was put on a waiting list for an epidural, as the contractions were getting bad!

"It was about 2 in the morning when we got to the room.

"Within the next hour I got and epidural (finally!) and you quickly arrived at 3:15am, a whopping 8 lbs. 3ounces, and 20 inches long!

"Another boy!!

"YOU WERE THE HAPPIEST LITTLE BOY FROM THE MOMENT YOU WERE BORN!

"You always have a huge smile and are so friendly to everyone! We love you so much!!"

Indeed. Happy Birthday. Your smile is contagious!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday little man!! We love you! Thanks Grandpa for the awesome blog for all of the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Gramps! And good work Cobe' & Bennett (not to mention Erich & Elliot).

    Can't wait to start calling Aunt Kari "Titi"..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Bennett- you are so much fun to be around! You smile all the time making anyone who looks at you feel like they are your best friend. Your mommy and meme were mad at me because my cell phone was turned off that night so I didn't know you were born until that next morning around 7am. But I was still your first visitor!! I told Uncle Dom that I had to go see my new nephew and off I went to Prentice Hospital. It was so nice to drive into the city so early in the morning. Your mommy was holding you when I arrived and she quickly handed you over to me to cuddle. What a cutie you were and still are! Happy Birthday! Love, Aunt Jess

    ReplyDelete